Engineering is Everywhere
You don’t have to be an engineer to include engineering in your regular teaching. You already know more about engineering than you think!
There are plenty of resources – lesson plans, videos, even online educational games that you can use in class.
These are links to resources for teaching engineering. This list is revised regularly. Come back often to see what’s new!
- “Inventors And Inventions 2: Air And Space Technology lesson plan for grades K to 5.”
- ” Engineering Design Properties Of Materials A Century of Plastics Lesson focuses on how plastics of all sorts have been engineered in to everyday products over the past century
- “Robotics & Future Technology Robotics & Future Technology interactive lesson plan for grades 9-12 lets students explore how the Navy and other industries use robots
- “Lesson Plan Most of these posts contain challenge ideas, but all include at least one lesson plan.”
- curriculum for teachers
- The Engineering Place Activities Fall 2014 – In addition to the lessons listed below, there are now almost 200 activities in PDF format available
- “Lesson Plans TryEngineering offers a variety of lesson plans that align with education standards to allow teachers and students to apply engineering principles in the classroom. “
- “Biomechanical engineers work closely with laparoscopic surgeons to develop procedures and tools for surgery. Biomechanical engineers must have an understanding of anatomy, physiology