SWE @ College
There are SWE student organizations at most engineering colleges and departments. These on-campus organizations provide leadership opportunities as well as support, collaboration K-12 outreach, community service and social activities. Local businesses and professional SWE partnerships are available for mentoring, developing interviewing skills, resume writing workshops and help finding internships.
- List of Society of Women Engineers sections
most are associated with colleges and universities
The SWE Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to women admitted to accredited baccalaureate or graduate programs, in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science.
Applicants complete one application and are considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible. Learn more… SWE Scholarships
College Engineering Programs
Explore the wide range of Engineering and Applied Science programs offered by colleges. Here are some examples.
- “Young women make up 27 per cent of the first-year class studying engineering disciplines at the University of Waterloo this year – the largest number ever.”
- “We have compiled all of the advice and strategies that you need to get into the engineering program of your choice.”
- “The National Aeronautic Association has certified the July 13 record for the University of Maryland’s human-powered helicopter called Gamera. It achieved liftoff and hovered for 11.4 second…
- “The NASA Minority Innovation Challenges Institute (MICI) will be offering Minority Serving Institutions the opportunity to apply for a $5,000 grant to assist their school in entering the 2012…
- explore Engineering at MIT.
- The Vibro-Wind Research Group, led by Frank Moon, the Joseph Ford Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, is working on an efficient, low-cost method of converting vibrations from wind e…
- Reichert became the first person to fulfil the vision Leonardo DaVinci set down in his notebooks in 1485 – of flying a human-powered vehicle through the air like a bird. “This is the original a…